Discusses the issur of selling (or gifting) non-kosher items even to non-Jews. We discuss the reasons behind this issur and the various forms of heterim. This sugya has many halachic ramifications especially given today's world of commerce. In order to provide clarity in this sugya, we included in this edition is a special "Li'halacha Section" starting from the relevant siman in the Tur and Shulchan Aruch all the way through to the psakim of today's poskim.
In the video below, Rabbi Sholem Y. Fishbane, Kashrus Administrator of the CRC, discusses this topic at the Shivti chaburah at Beth Aharon (Teaneck, NJ).
Rabbi Fishbane presents actual questions in this area that are brought before the CRC, and discusses how they are addressed:
- Selling Chametz on Amazon after Pesach
- Being a Vendor in Chicago Cubs Baseball Stadium selling non Kosher Hot Dogs
- Certifying a company that has a Kosher and non-Kosher Food division
- Jewish Owned Nursing Home offering non-Kosher Food to patients
- Investing in a public or private company that sells non-Kosher Food
- Hotel Pesach Programs where non-Jewish workers want to eat Chametz/non-Kosher
איסור סחורה במאכלות אסורות
- Product Code: 173
- Availability: In Stock