This Sugya discusses davening with a Minyan and the source for this chiyuv. Is it obligatory or just meritorious - and how much should one exert himself in order to daven with a Minyan? We discuss the parameters of this obligation - for example;
- Does it mean that one must daven in total unison with the tzibur?
- What if the tzibur is davening a different Tefilah, such as Ma'ariv and one needs to daven Mincha?
- How about davening Shacharis while the tzibur is in the middle of Musaf ? (Included is an exchange between Rav Moshe Soloveitchik and his father Rav Chaim when the former was in such a situation.)
- Also, is there a benefit to davening in a shul, even when there is no minyan?
- If one must daven b'yechidus, is there a benefit to timing his Tefillah to coincide with the time that his Shul is Davening?