This sugya of Talmud Torah begins with the obligation upon every father to teach Torah to his son.
- Does the Mitzvah require that the father actually learn with his son, or does it simply mean that he must ensure that his son will learn?
- Is hiring a melamed or sending to school included in this Mitzvah?
- What takes precedence - the father's obligation to learn Torah, or his obligation to teach to his son?
- Can a school force a parent to pay tuition (as we do for all Mitzvos Aseh)?
- Which portions of Torah learning are included in this obligation?
- Does it just include Chumash (i.e. elementary school education), or Mishna and Gemara as well (Mesivta, Bais Medrash, etc.)?
- Why is Nach not included in many of our schools' curriculums?
- Are one's grandchildren included in this obligation?
- What is the difference between the community's responsibility to ensure that every child receives an education and the individual parent's obligation?